httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: I *don't* want Paul's style guide.
Date Mon, 01 Jul 1996 22:18:59 GMT
> The 8 spaces is due to using tabs. Set your tabstop to 4 and it's
> 4 space :-) Use of tabs was mentioned but never voted on or even really
> discussed. I've put in a proposal on this in the doc but you obviously
> missed that paragraph.

-1 on using tabs (and yes, I do mean that to be a real veto).  In the past
we have lost days of progress due to mismatching patches solely because
of TABs getting lost in the mail (from both users and developers).
CVS helps this for the main source base, but not for code reviews or
for contributions from outside.

No TABs, even if we have to run expand before every commit.

.....Roy