httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dgau...@hotwired.com (Dean Gaudet)
Subject Re: Broken clients
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:07:15 GMT
In article <hot.mailing-lists.new-httpd-9607161938.aa27693@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>,
Ben Laurie  <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
>OK, it seems we now have two reasons to detect broken clients. One is to avoid
>flushing after the headers, the other to disable keepalive. Does anyone have
>a recipe for detecting those clients?

Something I've done for conditional html could easily be extended.
Here's the syntax:

UserAgent /regex/ property1 property2 ...

If the user agent matches the expression the properties are set.
I use those for conditionals, but also pass them to CGIs (in
$ENV{'BROWSER_SUPPORTS'} -- which now seems like a bad name).  It'd
probably be overkill to make something like this part of the core...

Dean