httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:24:35 GMT
> I'll try sh 1st... At least right now, some sort of Q&A
> ("What system is this?" "Do you want Spencer's regex package?")
> or menu option should be easy enough... Configuration.tmpl may just
> store the list of modules and Configure can scan thru and ask the
> right kind of questions (ie: "I see you want mod_status... Should we
> include full status monitoring?") and adjust as required.

Q/A SUCKS!

	I'm sorry, but when you compare BSD vs. Linux kernel
configuration, I find BSD much much easier with a config file rather
than linux's ugly-and-hard-to-use q/a format. Takes 20 minutes just to
change one option in linux, but bsd takes about 2 minutes.

	sorry to be so vehement. I would hate to see apache
configuration look like linux kernel configuration.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider