httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 19:09:53 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> If so, I think it might be time for autoconf in Apache.

Sounds good 2 me, as long as autoconf overrides whatever it determines
should work with what we now know works as defined in conf.h.

Of course, what we _really_ want/need right now is an easier way for
the person compiling Apache to determine just what modules, flags,
libraries, etc they _want_ to use, which may not be a good job for
autoconf, which, as I understand it, is really suited for finding
our which functions, etc are available (more a porting aid than
a configuration tool).

I think that a combination of a smart Configure and autoconf may be
what we end up with...

Question: Can we assume that the OS has perl? If so, it would make
 the intelligent Configure _so_ much easier.