httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:30:16 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> I suppose... Okay, enough already. I still think the warning should be
> toned down in Configuration (if only because it makes it even longer... we
> desperately need autoconf, methinks). I'm also concerned about broken
> regex implementations. For example, we know (or at least, I've been told)
> that the Linux regex libraries are leaky, and I think I remember reading
> somewhere that the Solaris 2.4 ones don't work. How do we compensate for
> that? (especially with autoconf, which, realistically, pretty much can
> only look for /usr/include/regex.h, although I suppose it could be
> progammed to identify certain broken versions)

Other than moving to autoconf, I _really_ like Nathan's "intelligent"
Configure idea (side-note: Nathan, if interested, send me Email. I'd
love to help out).

For broken systems that we know about, we could mention somewhere that
their implementations are buggy and that the use of another package would
be better... Without going into in-depth testing of the platform's
regex implementation I can't see a clear way :/

Now if HS would consider becoming an official member of the Apache team,
and focus on his regex package, then that would be a very elegant
solution :)