httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Tromey <tro...@creche.cygnus.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:29:29 GMT
>> If platform X has no (or a broken) regex package, and it can't
>> compile Spencer's, then what? It seems to me that we *have* to
>> either support the package, or not use regex capabilities in
>> Apache. And we're already commited to the latter.

Randy> Do you know of such a platform?

Randy> I'm kind of surprised this is that much of a debate...

I'm suprised too.  The regex routines that come with Tcl are based on
(one of) Spencer's packages.  None of the porting problems I've with
Tcl have come from that code -- I can't think of a single place where
it didn't compile the first time.

I suppose it is conceivable that his code won't port to some machine.
It seems pretty unlikely, though.

But if it is that much of a concern, then I'll volunteer to do
whatever porting work becomes necessary.

Tom
--
tromey@cygnus.com                 Member, League for Programming Freedom