httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:41:33 GMT

Jim Jagielski writes:
> 	./contrib
> 	  For goodies that we want to include, but aren't "required"
> 	  for Apache
User contributed modules, scripts, and patches.

> 	./support
> 	 For goodies, like regex, that are "semi-required"
Packages which are not supported by the apache group which may allow
you to compile apache on platforms that don't natively support all
the features that apache requires.  regex is one but there could
be others.  For (a bad) example the pthreads reference package.
This could also contain replacement packcages for standard system
utilities such as the sfio package.

(On a different note, I looked at caching directory entries which
didn't have .htaccess files.  I generally convinced myself that this
wouldn't have a significant performance benefit.  However, I suspect
that using sfio on systems that support it would.  Just in case anyone
wants to build a fast apache server for those server comparison tests.)

--
Howard Fear      email1: howard_fear@pageplus.com
                 email2: howard_fear@stortek.com