httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl README
Date Tue, 30 Jul 1996 01:05:59 GMT

Jim Jagielski writes:
> But the regex code is VERY, VERY different. I, for one, do not think
> we should dilute our efforts by supporting Apache _and_ the regex stuff.
> It should be VERY, VERY clear to people who use Apache that the very
> fact that we have the regex code included with our distribution does
> not imply, in any way, shape, or form, that it's considered "official"
> Apache code.
>
> The warning was meant to be harsh... I don't think it's to our advantage to
> even let people _think_ that the regex package is Apache certified (or
> whatever).

Perhaps a compromise is to make very clear that we are using Henry Spenser's
regex package which we are required to do by his copyright anyway.
We do need to state that we have modified it slightly by doing
casts to unsigned longs to make compiler warnings go away.  And, we
make no guarantees about its usefulness or working condition.

--
Howard Fear      email1: howard_fear@pageplus.com
                 email2: howard_fear@stortek.com