httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject Re: Items for 1.2 (fwd)
Date Mon, 29 Jul 1996 22:30:13 GMT

Alexei Kosut writes:
> I think this would be a good idea. Assuming that xssi is completely
> compatible with the current ssi, and doesn't make it noticibly slower, I
> see no reason why not, and could be a valuable addition.

The only place where they may be an incompatibility with the standard
SSI is if a tag value used a '$'. This should only have been possible
in a <!--#exec cmd="..." --> directive using /bin/sh -c (or equivilent).
Actually, given apaches ability to pass cgi data on a
<!--#include virtual="..." --> it might have been possible there as
well.  However, I'm not sure that's well documented, particularly
since its a departure from the NCSA docs.

--
Howard Fear      email1: howard_fear@pageplus.com
                 email2: howard_fear@stortek.com