httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_negotiation.c
Date Mon, 29 Jul 1996 01:29:31 GMT
Alexei Kosut liltingly intones:

> On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
>
> > > I would rather it check r->proxyreq than look at the filename. "proxy:",
> > > IMO, was never a good way of specifying a proxy request anyhow; I know if
> > > I was writing a module that did proxying, I wouldn't use it. Is there a
> > > reason that wouldn't work?
> > >
> > In the case of a proxy alias (set with ProxyPass) r->proxyreq isn't
> > set, but the proxy prepends proxy: and then the real protocol/host.
>
> Wouldn't the proper fix be then to set r->proxyreq in ProxyPass?

We can try it. I'll make the necessary changes, and Ralf can see how he likes
the result. 'Till now, though, only parse_uri() has been setting r->proxyreq.
I think that's why David had the proxy handler checking the header string,
too.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
"I'd love to go out with you, but I want to spend more time with my
blender."