httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_negotiation.c
Date Mon, 29 Jul 1996 00:37:10 GMT
Alexei Kosut liltingly intones:

> On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
>
> >         if (!(filp = strrchr (r->filename, '/'))) return DECLINED; /* Weird...
*/

> >   +     if (strncmp(r->filename, "proxy:", 6) == 0)
> >   +         return DECLINED;
> >   +
> >         ++filp;
> >         prefix_len = strlen (filp);
>
> I would rather it check r->proxyreq than look at the filename. "proxy:",
> IMO, was never a good way of specifying a proxy request anyhow; I know if
> I was writing a module that did proxying, I wouldn't use it. Is there a
> reason that wouldn't work?

In the case of a proxy alias (set with ProxyPass) r->proxyreq isn't
set, but the proxy prepends proxy: and then the real protocol/host.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
How much does it cost to entice a dope-smoking UNIX system guru to
Dayton?
		-- Brian Boyle, UNIX/WORLD's First Annual Salary Survey