httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES mod_proxy.c
Date Mon, 29 Jul 1996 00:26:01 GMT
Alexei Kosut liltingly intones:
> On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >   added NoCache * directive to enable proper operation w/o caching
> Um... IMO, if you don't want caching, you should just not use any of the
> Cache* directives. If I don't have a CacheRoot, it shouldn't cache. At
> least, that's what I'd think.
That's true. That doesn't currently work, however. In addition, several
users have specifically requested NoCache *.

When omitting Cache* directives is working, we can deprecate this.

> >   changed #tmpXXXX to tmpXXXX in temp file template, for broken link/unlink
> >   changed Expire to Expires in cache_update()
> >   added $Id$
> I don't know... this is really something that should be coordinated with
> the group about all the files. I don't know if its appropriate to just put
> it into one of them.
We debated where $Id$ would go for a few rounds, and nothing happened. I
figure this will get the debate finished. 8^)

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note:
Actors will happen even in the best-regulated families.

View raw message