httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "32MB of Ram eaten up upon (fwd)
Date Sun, 28 Jul 1996 19:27:11 GMT
Ben Laurie said:

> Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
> > Michael A Worsham said:
> > > I found the bug! It was those damn MaxSpareServers. If the number is
> > > over 5, it eats up ram faster than the Clients can produce.
> > >
> > > Btw, if you think my message was crap, better check on
> > > comp.os.linux.setup about the Apache HTTP program. Many other people
> > > are coming up with the same BUG (yes, it is a BUG). SO get off your
> > > ass and fix it!!
> >
> > Well I just got this... (don't worry already replied... )
>
> I hope you told him to go and stick his head in a pig.

pig wasn't the word... but close enough.

> I would if I understood the bug report.

Supposedly, if you set maxspaceservers to 10 it will eat up all available
memory, I tried 20, although it does eat alot of memory not all of my memory.
Which is what it is supposed to do when you start 20 programs.

<Aram>

--
Aram Mirzadeh						awm@qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member

Finagle's Second Law:
        Always keep a record of data -- it indicates you've been working.