httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Sun, 28 Jul 1996 15:01:25 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > Ben Laurie wrote:

> > > Propogating the flags is fine, but what on Earth is this -I. and
> > > -DPOSIX_MISTAKE?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> >
> > As easily seen in the Makefile for the regex package, it's what the
> > setting for CFLAGS are supposed to be for regex. Since we override
> > it, we want to maintain the flags that regex wants and needs.
>
> Erm, yes. I realised that later. Sorry.

Feh. No problem and no need for sorry (my answer wasn't phrased quite
the right way :/)

> > The reason I did it this way was to avoid any monkeying around with the
> > regex stuff at all.
>
> Somehow I don't think we're going to get away with that. Nor do I think we
> should particularly aim to, should we?

I'm not sure... It seems to me that if we are folding in the regex
stuff, a better way would be to, if possible, make it a module that
get's included if desired (using Configuration). That way, if people have
a working regex, then they can simply not include the Apache-regex module,
if not, then they can add it in. Of course, some monkeying around with
Makefile/Configuration may also do it as well by adding another linked
lib, like $REGLIB that's null for those that don't need it and
regex/libregex.a for those that do...