httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: regexp patch?
Date Fri, 26 Jul 1996 16:38:48 GMT
Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> > > You might try commenting out the RLIMIT_ stuff in call_exec()
> > > util_script.c.  I'm currently working on the code that
> > > allows that to be configured on per_dir basis. Perhaps the
> > > values I started with in there are causing you some problems.
> > >
> > Yep, that was it. I'm holding off changing anything here until the
> > call_exec() stuff is more stable. Thanks, Randy.
>
> I assume that it was working correctly if this was a memory hog
> script. ??  The current softlimit is being set to 2MB.
>
> I am going to supply a patch shortly that will add RLimit???
> directives to allow this to be configured.

Yes, I noticed the 2 MB limit, and, indeed, this was one porker of a
perl script. It was building a list of every msg ever submitted
before it started to do anything useful. It blew up at 2705 of 'em.

Thanks again.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Illinois isn't exactly the land that God forgot -- it's more like the
land He's trying to ignore.