httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Processes get lost after about 30
Date Fri, 26 Jul 1996 16:31:05 GMT
If there were a place that I could build a version to test on a high-numbered
port, that would reign supreme. Let me know how you think about this, and
thanks for the cooperation, and the offer!

snowdog@charm.net liltingly intones:

> Hello Chuck,
>
> The PTF3008 fixed a threading problem.  It didn't seem to help at
> all.  We did recompile with the flags below and it still seems to
> crash.  I am actively hassling SCO for a fix to the problem.  Let me
> know if we can be of any assistance to you.  If you want to take a
> look around our production web server, I can arrange for an account
> for you.
>
> Thanks for your help...
>
> Sean Rolinson
> snowdog@charm.net
>
> > Thanks for the report. We're aware of this problem with UWare 2.1, but
> > currently have no systems to test fixes on.
> >
> > Two questions: what does ptf3008 fix?
> >
> > Are you using the compile flags
> >
> > AUX_CFLAGS= -DSVR4 -DNEED_LINGER
> > AUX_LIBS= -lsocket -lnsl -lcrypt
> >
> > ???
> >
> > snowdog@charm.net liltingly intones:
> > >
> > > Submitter: snowdog@charm.net
> > > Operating system: UnixWare, version: 2.1
> > > Version of Apache Used: Apache 1.1.1
> > > Extra Modules used:
> > > URL exhibiting problem: http://www.charm.net/
> > >
> > > Symptoms:
> > > --
> > >
> > > After the server is running for an undetermined
> > > period of time, the processes will stop answering
> > > requests.  A restart of the server will allow requests
> > > again for a short period of time, but will again
> > > lockup.  I've contacted SCO and they seem to think
> > > it is the third party software, while I believe it
> > > to be a bug in 'their' OS.
> > >
> > > We are using SCO Unixware 2.1, with ptf3008 installed.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Backtrace:
> > > --
> > >
> > > --

> Sean Rolinson            Systems Administrator        snowdog@charm.net
> Charm Net Inc.           Baltimore, DC, N. Va's  Access to the Internet
> (410) 558-3900 Voice     (410) 558-3901 Fax       email: info@charm.net
> (410) 558-3300 Data      (202) 956-5110 Data    login: guest 'no pword'
> http://www.charm.net/    Personal              http://www.rolinson.org/

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
That secret you've been guarding, isn't.