httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: HTTP/1.1
Date Thu, 25 Jul 1996 22:29:04 GMT

> On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > What is the state of this patch Alexei? I don't see a big
> > reason not to get this stuff in the development CVS tree.
>
> I've just uploaded a revised HTTP/1.1 patch to
> /httpd/incoming/http11a.patch. It fixes a number of the problems with the
> first one.

If nobody objects, can we roll this into the CVS version. Things like this
don't get tested until it is too late.

How about putting the patch into the development code and then doing
some kind of organized developers test. We have far more success finding
problems and bugs when we all test something together within a definite
timetable. If it sounds reasonable, we could probably benefit a lot from
regular developer releases (with new version numbers of course :-) that
get better round of testing... treat them something like a public release
in terms of deadlines and the scope of testing.

> P.S. I'd still like one more +1 each on the patches I submitted
> to add CookieExpires/CookieEnable

good idea. An untested +0.25

> and <IfModule> directives.

I don't even remember that one.