httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 18:47:53 GMT
> On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > So <Location> is really more of a Redirect to MIME types?
>
> Huh? What? Please explain what the heck you are talking about. <Location>
> is exactly the same as <Directory>, excep that it looks at r->uri instead
> of r->filename, and doesn't tack a "/" on the end of the argument.

Will <Directory /foo/info > match directory /foo/information?

I would undertand if <Location /foo/info*> matched /foo/information.
Currently, that is not the case.

What my statement above means is that:
AddType application/x-httpd-zconfig zconfig

<Location /info>
SetHandler server-info
</Location>

essentially redirects anything on the server that is in the DocumentRoot
and begins with 'info' to this handler.

> > Would Action be a more appropriate substitute? (or just Addtype)
>
> Huh? Again, I don't understand what you're talking about.

I'm asking if I could use Action to redirect to the MAGIC_TYPE
for mod_info.

> > While I see the usefulness of <Location>, using it outside of
> > a <VirtualHost> definition could be ... embarassing.
>
> How? No more so than any other file-related directive. Alias, Redirect,
> they all do the same thing. Unless the virtualhost has a matching entry,
> they all override the virtual host. An "Alias /info ..." will do the same
> thing if there's an "info" directory in any of the virtual host's
> directory's.

Because, by placing the <Location /info> directive above in the
main config file (outside of an VHost config) I am redirecting
requests to any of my customer's files that begin with /info
to mod_info.