httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 17:46:29 GMT
  Of course it is, that's what it *does*. Just like <Directory>, it looks
  for files (or in this case, URLs) that match the given prefix. Except that
  <Directory> tacks on a / if one doesn't exist (the theory being that it
  has to be a directory), <Location> doesn't.

IMHO, <Location> should behave the same, to avoid gotchas like this
--- in other words, it should only match whole, and not partial, URL
path segments.  The current behavior strikes me as more bug-like than
feature-like, and I really doubt that a whole lot of people are
depending on it...

rst