httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 15:46:01 GMT

> But the default for the info module is "/info" and not "/information".
> A little note somewhere may be called for, but since manual intervention
> in the .conf files is required to activate either of these modules, the
> person doing the configuration should be bright enough to figure out that
> he/she should check whether or not the choice of directory names would
> conflict in his name space.
>
> -Rasmus

However, <Location /info> seems to be matching requests for things
like /information/, causing a redirect to mod_info.

I encountered this a few weeks back when I discovered that I had
broken access to a customers CGI programs (info_....cgi).  I took
a quick look at the <Location> code, and again when someone else
brought this up. Nothing jumps out at me, and I have not had time
to dig deeper.

Seems that there is some problem in <Location>