httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Neulinger" <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject Re: Bad choice of directory names for info- & status-modules
Date Wed, 24 Jul 1996 14:57:24 GMT
This bit me too just recently... Particularly dangerous when the web
admin is not the person maintaining the content.

-- Nathan

> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> >
> >e-mail:         dennis.lundberg@mdh.se
> >
> >OS:             Solaris 2.X
> >
> >Apache version: 1.1.1
> >
> >Extra modules:  config_log_module status_module
> >
> >Symptoms:
> >If you have a directory, like we have, called "information" in your
> >documentroot and use the new info_module, you can't access your
> >directory "information" any more.
> >When you type in:
> > http://www.some.where/information/
> >as the location Apache automatically switches to the info_module page.
> >I suggest using a less common directory-name like "apache-info" for the
> >info_module and "apache-status" for the status_module.
> >
> >ULR:
> >Sorry, I had to remove the info_module to keep our /information-pages
> >available.
>
> These names are user configurable, but I see your point, and maybe
> we should do something to warn people.
>
> I'll pass the info on. thanks.
>

> rob

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                    Computer Center
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org