httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dave madden <...@paradigm.webvision.com>
Subject Re: C++ components?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 1996 21:42:10 GMT
 =>From: Ben Laurie <ben@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
 =>...
 =>1. Would anyone object if I C++-proofed Apache? This would probably not be
 =>much more than the odd extern "C" in the headers.

'Bout time somebody (else) did that :-)  My module (mod_pagescript.cc,
info at http://www.webvision.com/lab/) is in c++, and I've been hoping
this would happen for a while.  It requires more than the odd extern
"C" in the headers, because there's a struct element name / type name
collision (pool).  It's not that hard to fix, though, and I can give
you the patch for 1.0.5 if you're interested.

 =>4. Do any of you actually like C++?

Yes.

 =>5. Would there be any interest in creating C++ wrapper classes?

Well, maybe.

 =>6. Would there be any interest in creating a completely C++ Apache?

YES YES YES!

d.