httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Patches to be commited
Date Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:21:14 GMT
Randy Terbush liltingly intones:

> I'm going through some patches that have been submitted to
> the project. I'll be forwarding these to the list soliciting
> votes for inclusion.

I thought Jim or Andrew had already done this as part of the mod_status
changes.

> 2) Clear junk bits in the scoreboard entry (by making it come from
>    a static variable) and add a leak-detection field.

This looks OK.

> 3) Recode the child-spawning loop so it will
> 	a) start more than one server per second

This seems to defeat rst's integrator which prevents server self-nuking on
a transient burst of requests, and only moderate resources.

> 	b) not use child numbers >= scoreboard size,
> 	   eliminating another child leak.

This also looks OK.

> I have been running these patches with >100 virtual sites on a
> single server for several months.  (www.sccsi.com)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
There can be no twisted thought without a twisted molecule.
		-- R. W. Gerard