httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.org>
Subject Re: Microsoft NT Workstation 4.0
Date Mon, 22 Jul 1996 22:39:07 GMT
> Yes, but BSDI, Solaris, FreeBSD, etc *Workstations* are *not* written
> and distributed by Microsoft.  :)  Microsoft is God...  Weren't you
> informed?

	Sorry, I'm an atheist. I'll just quote again what I said to
ucb-www:

by Tim O'Reilly, president of O'Reilly & Associates.
[. . .]
Now, the implications: this development will choke off one of the most
important new directions for the Web: its return to its roots as a
groupware information sharing system for the desktop. Like email and the PC
itself, Web publishing belongs on the desktop. With the higher price tag of
NT Server ($999 vs. $290), users who have never before put up a Web site
will be extremely unlikely to do so.
[. . .]
----- End of forwarded message

        Uh, no, all this means is that Microsoft is not an internet
company and never will be, and companies that actually want to do
Internet stuff will learn not to use Microsoft products.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider