httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Broken clients
Date Sun, 21 Jul 1996 14:04:19 GMT
Yes, I know it does. Problem is, we won't run keepalives here at all unless
we use this. I have observed the same problem with MSIE/Windoze95, but no
one else in the group has.

You're the only comment on this so far. I've been running this live for
two days now without problems.

In addition to MSIE, remember that it also disables keepalives for all the
Netscape 2 versions that work (UNIX, Mac). People here don't consider
these or MSIE a significant enough percentage of browsers in use to
worry about the performance hit to them, though.

I'm waiting on group consensus to commit this.

Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> This also disables keep-alives for all versions of MSIE, by the way.  Is
> this warranted?
>
> 	Brian
>
> On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> > Here's a patch to try for the Mozilla gunk. I also had to disable keepalive
> > in main() and child_main() in http_main.c. This tests OK here, and Mo 3.0b5
> > works and still runs keepalives.
> >
> > This patch is against the 1.2-dev tree.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note: