httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Invalid command ProxyRequests" on Linux (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 20:33:53 GMT
Remember there was an unlink()/link() problem w/Linux where it didn't like
the name #tmpXXXX for a temp file for some dumb reason. That needs to be
changed, say, to PtmpXXXX or something safe for the Linux kiddies.

Aram Mirzadeh liltingly intones:

> Anyone have any suggestions for this?
>
> Massimiliano Liccardo said:
> > Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:27:04 +0100 (GMT+0100)
> > From: Massimiliano Liccardo <mliccardo@tim.it>
> > To: Aram Mirzadeh <awm@qosina.com>
> > Subject: Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Invalid command ProxyRequests" on Linux
> >
> > On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
> >

> > > Does your proxy directory exists?
> > >
> > Yes, it does. Apche runs as user "web" with group "webgroup".
> > The base dir (and sub-dirs) is owned by web with rwx permission and group
> > with rx.
> > The sub-dirs proxy contains a lot of tmp files but I have errors like
> > "proxy: error linking cache file", "unlink: no such file or dirctory",
> > and so on....
> > I run apache on port 8000 as a demon which starts at bootstrap (no inetd).
> > I'm sure, by my loggings, that apache makes no cache.
> > Thank you again for your patience.
> >

> --
>                                         | Aram Mirzadeh
> I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol| MIS Manager
> that some thinkle peep I am.            | Qosina Corp.
> It's just the drunker I sit here the    | http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
> longer I get.                           | awm@qosina.com
>                 			| Apache httpd - awm@hyperreal.com
> 	   -- PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html --
> 	  -- BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0 --

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."