httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: security holes and other fun stuff
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:53:20 GMT

> I'm not sure that the IP numbers are relevant. The problem seems to be trying
> to use <VirtualHost ...> for the "main" server.

	How are you defining "main" server? One thing I noticed:

Port 80

Redirect /secure https://host/secure

<VirtualHost *:443>
etc
</VirtualHost>

	Doesn't work, because the redirect is propogated into the
vhost configuration, so you get an infinite loop.

Port 443

<VirtualHost *:80>
Redirect /secure https://host/secure
</VirtualHost>

	works. How does one turn off a "Redirect" directive, so that
443 can be in the vhost configuration rather than 80? (I'm implying
here of course that the 443 server has ssl configured into it.)

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider