httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Authentication API
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:35:53 GMT
  > Ummmm... there are several ways this could be done, and it's impossible
  > to say what would be best without knowing *why* you want this.  What
  > problem are you trying to solve?

  I would like to have access in the request_rec to information
  regarding Access control and active Options for a given URL.

I hate to repeat myself, but I have to.  Why do you want this
information?  What problem are you trying to solve?  (You said what
information you want the first time.  I'd like to know why you want
it.  To repeat myself again, there are a bunch of different ways to
get at it, and which is best will really depend on what you are trying
to do --- and just saying "get access to this information" obviously
doesn't discriminate among the choices).

rst