httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r...@imdb.com (Rob Hartill)
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Random Brief Lockups of Apache Server" on OSF/1 (fwd)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 1996 14:45:29 GMT
not acked

From: asaylor@comsource.net
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Jul 17  6:40:27 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Random Brief Lockups of Apache Server" on OSF/1

Submitter: asaylor@comsource.net
Operating system: OSF/1, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1
Extra Modules used: none
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
First, when compiling Apache I see these errors:

cc -c -O2 -DSTATUS -DOSF1 buff.c
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Warning: buff.c, line 363: Incompatible pointer type assignment
        x = memchr(fb->inptr, '\012', fb->incnt);
        --^
====and======

cc -c -O2 -DSTATUS -DOSF1  http_bprintf.c
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Warning: http_bprintf.c, line 88: Long double not supported; double
assumed.
     long double lDoubleArg = 0.0;
 ----^
==================
The server does however run correctly. We have noticed that the server will occationaly freeze
and not allow anyone to get to any of our Web pages (either the "root" or the virtual pages).

There are no error messages or core files. The CPU and DISK I/O does not change, nothing.
Just the freeze.  The server can be killed and started normally, however sending a SIGHUP
does not correct it (even though the SIGHUP is recorded in the error_log!)

I have downgraded to 1.0.5 which does not exhibit this behavior.

Other than that me let me say BRAVO!!  The Apache server as been a god send to me as both
a webmaster and and Systems Admin!

-Andy Saylor,  ComSource Inc.
asaylor@comsource.net   812-469-0300
--