httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <>
Subject Re: Broken clients
Date Tue, 16 Jul 1996 21:22:05 GMT
Ben Laurie liltingly intones:
> Cool. Only one snag... the keepalive bug afflicts Netscape 3.0b4-.I don't know
> the status for the other problem (but wasn't that also a keepalive thing?).
I think Roy's wisdom in suggesting a check for "Mozilla/2" was that the
broken betas will expire in a few more weeks, and 3.0 release would work.

And yes, the second problem was also a performance hit for keepalives,
about 400 ms. per, I think, if I remember John's paper correctly.
The sticker is that I don't know if Netscape 3.x still has the second problem.
That's why a check for just "Mozilla" might be needed there.

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note:
"His super power is to turn into a scotch terrier."

View raw message