httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r...@imdb.com (Rob Hartill)
Subject apache 1.2-dev (on www.apache.org) (fwd)
Date Tue, 16 Jul 1996 17:49:53 GMT

not acked

From: Dave Boynton <dboynton@clark.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 13:40:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: apache 1.2-dev (on www.apache.org)

I've been testing some http 1.1 features with various httpd software
and ran into a snag with yours, including the version 1.2-dev which
is on www.apache.org. If I telnet into port 80 and send
"GET / HTTP/1.1", I get a response of "HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request".
If I send "GET / HTTP/1.0" I get the home page, as expected. Netscape's
and Microsoft's servers don't do that. They accept HTTP/1.1
transparently, which any forward-compatible server should. If client
software starts sending HTTP/1.1, you'll be getting more bug reports. :-)

Dave
dboynton@clark.net

----- End of forwarded message from Dave Boynton -----

--