httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: ProxyRemote and mod_negotiation.c ?!
Date Tue, 16 Jul 1996 16:04:54 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall liltingly intones:

> On 16 Jul 1996 07:09:27 +0200 in en.lists.apache-new-httpd you wrote:
>
> > If mod_negotation then gets fired on the rewritten URI (during
> > fixups and before the mod_proxy handler fires), I'd sort of expect this.
>
> > [..]
> > >     if (strncmp(r->filename, "proxy:", 6) == 0)
> > >         return DECLINED;
> > [..]
>
> Ok, I expect this problem too! Because the problem _is_ there!  But the main
> question is not if we expect this problem. The main question is, how should
> you fix this! E.g. by hack as above? Or by a better solution.

Yes, I'd say bowing out of the processing gracefully is the way to handle
this, since this request isn't being handled on the local server, and since
Ben and others have expresed the opinion that proxy requests will be
treated essentially transparently as we move towards HTTP 1.1, at least
from the standpoint of rewriting, canonicalizing, etc.

Mod_proxy itself does this in proxy_fixup().

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
According to Kentucky state law, every person must take a bath at least
once a year.