httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Clapper <...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Security probe
Date Tue, 16 Jul 1996 15:07:49 GMT
>>>>> "Randy" == Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com> writes:

Randy> I'm forwarding this to Apache since I think it will be of
Randy> general interest. This was originally posted by me to the
Randy> robot-alert list that Rob Hartill, Brian Gough and I have
Randy> recently started.

For what it's worth, I noticed similar probes here from sentry.wood.com, on
the same date (July 15, 1996).  The log entries are more or less identical
to those in the message Randy forwarded, with the prober trying to figure
out what user ID is running the web server.
----
Brian Clapper .............................................. bmc@telebase.com
http://www.netaxs.com/~bmc/ ............. PGP public key available on request
There are two sides to every divorce: yours and the shithead's.