httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: security holes and other fun stuff
Date Mon, 15 Jul 1996 23:16:53 GMT

> At any rate, if you want, there's an undocumented "feature" that will
> deactive host-header based resolving for a virtual host: make the
> ServerName end with a dot, e.g. "ServerName some.server.name." - it
> should still be a valid name, but the Apache code that checks Host:
> headers will never find a match for it, because it strips off trailing
> dots.

	Would you suggest using this to workaround the port-number
virtual host bug I found? I am really edgy about doing a release of
apache-ssl-us with the patch I posted because I'm not familiar with
the code and I'm pretty sure my patch doesn't really fix things in the
right way.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider