httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: project plan
Date Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:40:07 GMT
> I've always felt that the performance benefits of threading are most
> likely to be felt in servers which are serving large numbers of
> transactions simultaneously, in that you wouldn't have an entire

	Just to add to this, this would happen often if you are
serving large files to people on slow links. (i.e. software
distribution to home users) Jeff Schiller at MIT noticed this for pgp
distribution so he wrote his own mt server.
	The netscape.com ftp servers wouldn't have to be mega-sequents
I think if their ftp servers were multithreaded, for example.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
The Internet Privacy Provider