httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Threading, 2.0 and 1.2
Date Thu, 11 Jul 1996 22:55:27 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

>   The Sfio stuff I haven't attempted yet. Looks nice and ugly :/
>
> Well, it's worth trying "make FEATURE/sfio" --- sometimes it works,
> and even when it doesn't, it generally gets *most* of the features right.
> Still, if someone could point me to a version of the recent Berkeley
> stdio libraries (recent enough to have funopen()) which are packaged to
> build standalone on a variety of systems, it might start to get
> tempting...

Well, so far I'll have had to do is make 'iffe' a Korn shell and not an
Bourne shell script and "make FEATURE/sfio" worked. 'make' seemed to
go well too, except for some strange error in sfexit.c (I think) about
a noreturn having a return. So... the sfio libs are created.

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to go further :)

> (Zo, the threads package is *easier* to port than the stdio replacement?
> You know, I'd expected as much, but I hadn't dared say so out loud...
> yes, that *is* the correct output; the threads play cute games with their
> priorities).

Actually, at least with A/UX, there was no real porting at all... Just an
entry in Makefile. :)