httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Threading, 2.0 and 1.2
Date Thu, 11 Jul 1996 22:38:56 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

> (NB, the best thing to do if you have a spare afternoon for this is to
> start off with the threads package's own test routines; if those work,
> the threads package is probably OK, and if not, you don't have to
> worry about where in the server package as a whole things are going
> south).

Well, the thread part seems OK if this is the expected output:

    [apache-XX/rsthreads] $ ./rsthread_test
    main: 4 threads
    shazam: 0
    shazam: 1
    shazam: 2
    shazam: 3
    shazam: 4
    shazam: 5
    shazam: 6
    shazam: 7
    shazam: 8
    shazam: 9
    main: 3 threads
    fubar: 0
    baz: 0
    main: 3 threads
    fubar: 1
    baz: 1
    main: 3 threads
    fubar: 2
    baz: 2
    main: 3 threads
    fubar: 3
    baz: 3
    fubar: 4
    baz: 4
    fubar: 5
    baz: 5
    fubar: 6
    baz: 6
    fubar: 7
    baz: 7
    fubar: 8
    baz: 8
    fubar: 9
    baz: 9
    All done

The Sfio stuff I haven't attempted yet. Looks nice and ugly :/