httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Threading, 2.0 and 1.2
Date Thu, 11 Jul 1996 20:10:51 GMT
Is it possible or likely that going to a threaded server will break
Apache on currently running platforms. Right now, Apache is running
on some relatively old OSs, some of which may not be able to go
multi-threaded.

If that's a risk, I'd suggest keeping m-t as a goal for 2.0, and
continue working on 1.2 so if we _do_ need to drop some old OSs,
at least they get some of the additional benefits of HTTP 1.1, etc...
that will be in 1.2.

I'm being selfish here because A/UX is SysVR3 (mostly) based and
want to make sure that Apache keeps running on it, but I also know
that there are likely a LOT of others out there in the same boat.
I'd prefer not cutting them off if at all possible.