httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Oops explained
Date Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:40:50 GMT

> Anyway, this made me wonder about using setrlimit() to stop the process from
> running away. I then wondered whether, in fact, Apache should (optionally) use
> setrlimit() to limit _all_ CGIs?

Only if configurable. I have perl scripts that are allowed to get very big
to keep things moving quickly. I don't need/want limits.

Unrelated:

Has anyone looked at using the in-memory scoreboard to limit the number of
simultaneous CGI requests?
There's an Apache 1.0 module for doing this but it does things using files
which reduces performance. A MaxCgiClients directive would be wonderfully
useful (<dirctory>/<location> configurable of course  ;-)

rob
--
      Java ... the world's first machine independent virus.