httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Too soon for 1.2 commits ??
Date Wed, 10 Jul 1996 09:34:12 GMT

> But
> http://www.foo.com/THIS/LOCATION
>
> and
>
> http://WWW.FOO.COM/THIS/LOCATION
>
> are the same place and I would expect to be served from the cache..
>
> I disagree with Rob about changing this. You might want to ignore
> one but not the other and the change he requests would make that
> impossible.

I'd say it is far less confusing to make this case-insensitive.

> I'd be happy with regex functionality so if you specifically do want
> to be case insensitive you can specify that yourself, making the server
> default to being case insensitive is *broken* since the URL's are not
> the same.

In this context, I'd guess that 99.99% of RefererIgnore entries out
there would benefit from being case insensitive.

Maybe add another directive RefererIgnoreCase  if you think that
anyone would find a use for case sensitive RefererIgnore's

Regex sounds like the best option if we can get it working.

--
      Java ... the world's first machine independent virus.