httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Neulinger" <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with apache interaction with shakey file system
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 18:41:02 GMT

> On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Nathan Neulinger wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, apache accesses the scoreboard file through the logs
> > symlink located in AFS. When it fails to access the scoreboard file, it
> > starts sucking CPU. (This is on a HP-UX 9.0.5 machine.)
> >
> > What I'd like to see if it's possible would be some way to cause apache
> > to temporarily revert to a 1-server model when it cannot access the
> > scoreboard file. It should obviously try to reattempt to access the
> > scoreboard file every so often...
>
> Why not just do
>
> ScoreBoardFile /some/other/directory/not/afs/mounted/apache_status

Well, I was trying to avoid hard coding any more paths than necessary...

It's nice to be able to do everything with logs/whatever relative paths.

That will work, but it seems like apache should handle the file going away
better than it does.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                    Computer Center
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org