httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Forwarded mail...
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 17:48:05 GMT

not acked. I don't understand it.

Date: Tue, 09 Jul 96 13:45:00 EST

     I have recently installed Apache_1.0.5 on a Sun Sparc 10 machine,
     running Solaris 2.4.  The installation seemed fairly simple and the
     server has not gone down once.  Now, I have installed the WAIS search
     engine software along with the wwwwwais interface program.  I read
     something in the Apache documentation that stated the CGI environment
     variables will be set when the server executes the gateway program.  I
     searched through the related documentation, and I have not read when
     the execution of the gateway program occurs.  Nor have I found where
     these environment variables are set.  I would like to be sure the
     Apache server set up correctly for CGI.  I ran the test-cgi script and
     non of these variables were set.  Could you please point me in the
     right direction?
     Larry Williams

----- End of forwarded message from -----

Rob Hartill (