httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Apache thinks DocRoot is /usr/local/etc After Upgrade to 1.1" on OSF/1 (fwd)
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 16:29:58 GMT

not acked.

From: mikeb@village.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Tue Jul  9  9:12:46 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Apache thinks DocRoot is /usr/local/etc After Upgrade to 1.1"
on OSF/1

Submitter: mikeb@village.com
Operating system: OSF/1, version: 3.2
Version of Apache Used: 1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
Here is my Setup:

After upgrading from 1.0 --> 1.1

Machine called foo.com.  Has all of these virtual
hosts bound to it with their own IPs.  Those still
work.  foo.com has aliases name1.foo.com name2.foo.com
that all go to the same place.  foo.com has it's
own virtual host entry in httpd.conf.  It worked
fine before but now I get a message to error_log
that access to /usr/local/etc failed.

I don't write to error_log anywhere (each virtual
host has it's own error_log) and there are no
mentions of etc in my config directory.  The
problem only came about with 1.1 so I have a feeling
it might be because that virtual host is not
bound by an IP and is the actual name of that
machine.

-mike
--

Backtrace: