httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "cc compile warnings/errors in http_main.c" on UnixWare (fwd)
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 14:42:29 GMT
Acked. Now, he got it to build. 8^) It looks like generic setups in
Configuration.tmpl are not a winning proposition, unless documented
more clearly. I'm holding off massive changes to conf.h, etc. until I
can see exactly why 2.x UnixWare acts so differently from alll other SVR4.

jamie@voyager.net liltingly intones:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com Mon Jul  8 20:53:49 1996
> From: jamie@voyager.net
> To: chuck@wormhole.telebase.com
> Date: Mon Jul  8 17:53:39 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "cc compile warnings/errors in http_main.c" on UnixWare
>
> Submitter: jamie@voyager.net
> Operating system: UnixWare, version: 2.0
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1
> Extra Modules used: none
> URL exhibiting problem: ftp://ftp.almanac.bc.ca/pub/miscellany/apache/
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> The comments in Configure for UnixWare are a little ambiguous and I can't tell whether
I'm supposed to use AUX_CFLAGS of -DSVR4. When I edit Configure thusly:

AUX_CFLAGS= -DSVR4
AUX_LIBS=
-lsocket -lnsl -lcrypt

I get five warnings that look like:

UX:acomp: WARNING: "http_main.c",
line 1201: argument is incompatible with prototype: arg #3

(arg #3 is an (int*) passed to
accept(); the other four warnings are on lines 1207, 1214, 1538, 1546)

If I take out the
AUX_CFLAGS entirely, I get this fatal error:

UX:acomp: ERROR: "http_main.c", line 135: syntax
error, probably missing ",", ";" or "="

I'm putting a transcript of a shell session showing
what I get, plus the Configuration files themselves, in the ftp directory given in the URL.

assume that the AUX_CFLAGS param listed under SVR4 is intended for use with UnixWare 2.0 as
well; I recommend making the comments clearer to indicate this. And then fixing the warnings.
:-)
> --
>
> Backtrace:
> --