httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.1.1 released
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 13:28:38 GMT
> On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > * I've created the distribution file for Apache 1.1.1.
>
> Um... did you read http://hyperreal.com/httpd/how-to-release.html? It
> doesn't look like it... I made one earlier today and put it in /httpd/dist
> (as my email said) - why didn't you just use that?

I was unsure of how much you had done earlier in the day coupled
with the version change to 1.1.2. Since no one else was answering
mail at around 10:00 CDT...

> > * I've changed the various files on the website to reflect
> >   this release.
>
> Please give an indication on the main page of what's changed. Using the
> exact same language as the 1.1 release doesn't exactly give me the warm
> fuzzies - if I was a user, I'd defenitely be wondering why there's
> suddenly a new version. Tell me. Say "This version fixes several problems
> with Apache 1.1.0, including a fix for a problem with Redirect statements
> in .htaccess files, MultiViews' interaction with AddHandler, and a new
> version of mod_auth_msql". Or some such.
>
> (and defenitely take out the "stable and bug-free" stuff - that turned out
> not to be true of 1.1.0, so saying it about 1.1.1 is just inviting Bad
> Things).
>
> -- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server
>    http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut/      http://www.apache.org/

I was intentionally terse since there have been some rumblings about
how loud to be about this release. I'll make these changes now as you
suggest.