httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Apache v1.1 as a proxy server
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 03:33:47 GMT
Raynard A. Jong liltingly intones:

> With your help, I got Apache 1.1 to compile with the additional mod_proxy.c
> module.
>
> I got a list of proxy directives from
> http://www.apache.org/docs/mod_proxy.html. Now the question is, where do
> you put the directives that configure the proxy?  I tried to simply turn on
> the proxy with a "ProxyRequests on" command in the configuration file,
> httpd.conf.  However,  I get a "Invalid command ProxyRequests" message
> back.
>
> Can you point me to someone or some other documentation about using the
> mod_proxy module?  I understand that the module is experimental, but I
> would like to try it out.

Hi Ray. Here are the proxy parameters I have in httpd.conf here at
topsail.org for proxy testing:

# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following line to
# enable the proxy server:

ProxyRequests On

# To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following lines:

CacheRoot /usr/local/etc/httpd/proxy
CacheSize 5
CacheGcInterval 4
CacheMaxExpire 24
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
CacheDefaultExpire 1
NoCache topsail.org telebase.com

Note that I'm not using upstream proxies from here, just a SOCKSified
version of Apache to get out through our firewalls. These are just the
default values for the cache control, but they're reasonable for trying
out the proxy.

Regards,

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
		AMAZING BUT TRUE ...

There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out it
would completely cover the Sahara Desert.