httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Apache on UnixWare
Date Tue, 09 Jul 1996 03:25:00 GMT
Thomas Conte liltingly intones:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried compiling and running Apache 1.1 on my UnixWare 2 system
> with the following parameters in Configuration:
>
> AUX_CFLAGS= -DSVR4 -DNEED_LINGER
> AUX_LIBS= -lsocket -lnsl -lcrypt
>
> I still get the same problem: the server seems to run fine (though I did
> not test it with more than half a dozen reloads), but whenever I do a
> kill -HUP on the master httpd process, something like this happens:
>
> - The master gets the SIGHUP and does the killpg; it then waits for all
> the children to die
> - Two children processess get the signal and die; usually the first two,
> but not always
> - The remaining children are stuck dead; no kill -9 will ever make them die
> - The master httpd blocks in the waitpid call.
>
> I really, really, do not understand anything, sorry :-) The children just
> seem to hang when they get the SIGHUP. Could this have something to do
> with the sigsetjmp/siglongjmp stuff?
>
> BTW, I tried compiling on two different UW 2 machines here (one 2.01 and
> one 2.03), and both get the same bug. I didn't try on a UnixWare 1 system.
>
> Bye!
>
> P.S.: feel free to redirect this to the developer mailing list; I send it
> directly to you because I realized that maybe the developer mailing list
> is for real active developers :-)
>
> P.P.S: my offer for a free guest debugging account still holds :-)

Thanks for the verification of your build parameters, Thomas. I really could
use an account to see what's going on. I'm setting up one at a machine more
local than yours, but it can't hurt to have a second test platform, at least
for a few days. I'd like to get these remaining UnixWare problems fixed, so
I can get back to the proxy module, which still needs lots of work. 8^)

If you can send me your phone number I can call you for the particulars of
the account. *Please* don't email them to me, that's not very safe. 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.