httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Core dump in 1.1/Linux (fwd)
Date Mon, 08 Jul 1996 09:12:00 GMT
Forwarded message:

Sender: root@taz.hyperreal.com
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 01:30:27 -0600
From: Jawaid Bazyar <bazyar@hypermall.com>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: Core dump in 1.1/Linux

I'm getting coredumps with Apache 1.1 installed into an existing
system:

[Sat Jul  6 00:58:21 1996] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, dumping core

I enabled debugging info and see that the stack trace in gdb
points at:

Reading symbols from apache1.1...done.
(gdb) run -X -d /local/httpd
Starting program: /usr/local/httpd/apache1.1 -X -d /local/httpd

Program received signal SIGSEGV (11), Segmentation fault
0x5005e480 in c_by_path ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x5005e480 in c_by_path ()
#1  0x8050000 in c_by_path ()
(gdb) l 0

c_by_path isn't a function though, it's a char variable in mod_dir.c

The odd thing is that this only affects two of my sites; the main one
(www.hypermall.com) and one virtual server (204.181.154.147). All other
virtual sites appear unaffected.

I'm digging into with gdb and the -X flag on Apache now.. I'll mail
again when I have more info.

System :
Linux 1.2.13/ELF

--
 Jawaid Bazyar              |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
 Interlink Advertising Svcs |   for Small Business

--
The rumor is that Jack Kevorkian has setup a Windows-NT users group.