httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.1.1 release schedule and the FreeBSD release
Date Fri, 05 Jul 1996 20:11:27 GMT
> Rob Hartill liltingly intones:
> >

> > > 1. What version of Apache would we like to see them include?
> > > a) 1.0.5
> > > b) 1.1.0
> > > c) 1.1.1
> > > 2. Can we plan to roll a 1.1.1 release at 10:00pm US CDT?
> > > a) yes
> > > b) no
> >
> > If time is very short, give them 1.1.x  + an URL where we will leave
> > patches. Shipping a new FreeBSD with 1.0.5 must be avoided at all costs.
> >
> > 1.1.0 under FreeBSD is fine. The bugs are not too serious.
> >
> Agreed. I would like to see 1.1.1 at least compile cleanly under UnixWarez,
> version 2.x. We could simply make the FreeBSD binaries an installable
> package, fetchable from hyperreal.com or the mirrors.

The fact that there will be binaries available is not really the
issue. I think that Walnut Creek cranks out a fair number of these
CDs to "ISPs" etc.  I think having the best version we can provide
*on* the CD would be a benefit to us all.

And - Since Alexei was not able to read my mind in the previous mail....

I meant to say 10:00pm US CDT on Monday July 8th.

The bugs in mod_alias and mod_auth_msql are _serious_ IMO