httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Cookies -> Tracking
Date Thu, 04 Jul 1996 16:21:41 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> >> That won't work. Given a list of modules, and one with "cookies" in the
> >> name, people will install it by mistake. Lots of people stick with
> >> old Configuration files, so there's no guarantee that they'll see any
> >> documentation on this.
> >>

> >It could be made clearer in the Configuration.tmpl file then. A simple
> >name-change isn't the end-all solution :/
>
> didn't I just say that people stick with old Configuration files so
> that won't help them?   :-)

Oops... didn't see the "old" part of that.

Well, one could say something about people not doing things The Right
Way, but I won't, because I don't either.

But any name change would result in requiring people to use Configuration.tmpl,
at which point we "have their attention" so to speak.

Cripes... I can't say anything right lately. I suppose every group
needs a whipping boy, might as well be me.